- Transition Year in St Gerald's College is a link year between Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate programs.
- Transition Year was Introduced in 1973.
- Certified by the Dept of Education and Skills in 2000.
- All students in St Gerald's College complete the Transition Year Program.
Why is there a need for Transition Year
- Challenges facing our Young People
- Changing attitudes to Education
- Need for Skills based learning
- Profile of Irish students
- Time to mature and develop
- Space to reflect and plan